Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My first pair of contacts

I woke up feeling all excited today because it's the day I try on contacts! The contacts clearly improved my eyesight by far. Putting them in was easier than taking them out, even though the reverse was presumably more common. When Mimi(optom) first placed one into my right eye, it simply felt like she dropped a drop of water into my eyes, however the point of contact between the lens and my eye lasted for 3 seconds. This made my eyes water a bit and my sis laughed. Sitting nearby, mum was grossed out with the whole 'putting something in your eye' concept. After the first contact Mimi showed me a few colours I can choose from apart from clear contacts and they were: pure hazel, violet, green, blue and gray. I think I'd like to try something new, something different for once. I've always liked experimenting with different colours and looks..etc. When Mimi placed in the hazel one, it was weird because everything was blurry and all I can see is this ochre ring. I had to keep blinking dozens of times to get used to it. The coloured contacts look surreal...aka a bit fake LOL. Anyhow I want to invest on a pair. So I chose green because.. well it's alright? Mum said that the violet one made my eye look half blinded because it was too light. So I will be expecting a pair soon this week (:. Also today I had my nails painted by mum's friend, who used to work in a nail shop. It's a simple design.. I like it. The same person, who I call 'aunt', also applied make-up on me...professionally with her make up kit. This was all fun and because I'm attending a wedding this Saturday. I'm still trying to master the shading strokes she used to achieve the 'smoky' eyes.

6 comments:

  1. awww sweet! tien with smokey eyes and hazel contacts. i look forward to the facebook/blog photos. MAKE SURE TO POST THEM UP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL wedding ? how awesome =3 need a date ? ROFL and you got contacts ? =/ i ddnt get to see you at PEAK today ^^" and you're not on msn =( i wanna talk to you about the test LOL we got the same mark huh ? =D i was gna text you but remember you changed your sim or something ? O_O so i ddnt ^^" stop coming in so late, its been like months since you sat next to me xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ..just maybe mabel :L. A date for a wedding.. dude it's a wedding not a formal. I usually come to class earlier than you, what are you on about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you ddnt come early yesterday ? =/ or the week before that ? so what are YOU on about ? =P and guess what ? i got a wedding too =) on the 15th of may ^^"

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol are you gonna post up stuff you're gonna wear..shoes etc. Or is that what girls do only :L

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMFAO we'll see wont we ? XD COME EARLIER NEXT WEEK ><"

    ReplyDelete